Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Mastermind Behind '94 GOP House Takeover Now Predicting GOP Net Losses

"It's the Sudan, limits to executive power, climate change, Rwanda, oil, Iraq, Democratic Party strategies , AIDS and Karl Rove, Stupid," says Clinton



Aspen--Speaking before an enthusiastic audience the Aspen Ideas Festival in Aspen Colorado, former President Bill Clinton predicted that the ruling GOP class had a "weak" strategy, and was ripe for losing a significant number of house and senate seats.

"I'm telling you right now, I feel that history is on our side," he said. Clinton, whose charismatic affect is widely credited with ushering in the 1994 GOP landslide takeover of both houses of Congress, told the gathered masses that the Democratic Party was "narrowing it focus to the things I've always deemed winning issues."

"If we can scale back our focus a bit, and take the battle to them, we'll win," said Clinton. "But we must maintain our sights on the narrow road--that of the Sudan, limits to executive power, climate change, Rwanda, oil, Iraq, Democratic Party strategies , AIDS and Karl Rove. They'll be helpless and against the ropes."

Clinton also asserted that the GOP strategy is "floundering" in the rpetetive and redunadant vortex of gay marriage and flag burning.

"I don't know about any of you, but I'm going to the Flag Burning Man festival this year," he said. "And I'm doing it not because Hillary won't let me go to the Lilith Fair, I'm doing it because I support a man's right to be burning something, even if the thing that burns is very dear to you."




Who Links Here