Monday, March 27, 2006

Time To Reinvent

I've come to the conclusion that this blog is at its lot--at least in terms of my interest in it.

I am constantly besotted with a desire to fulminate. The problem is, I am getting sick of cheapening my point by galvanizing it into satirical form. Yeah, it's all good for a laugh, but in the end you are nothing more than the chimp cranking the hurdy-gurdy on the street corner; nobody really thinks you belong above the steerage compartment.

So off I go to reinvent myself, blogolistically speaking. Those of you who've felt that my writing the serious stuff were always my high points . . . well, you are all right. I am in complete agreement with you.

Oddly enough, after all my previous carping about low traffic, that happens to be the last reason I blog. I do it for personal practice. I do it because I need the outlet--at least that's why I do it now.

That said, I am not revealing my new identity. I plan on ramping up perfectly-legitimate traffic, without priming the pumps in any fashion. And since I have this sneaking suspicion that I've offended folks like Michelle Malkin along the way, I plan on reintroducing myself in my new, existential form. She'll come to love me in spite of me.

But don't get too worked up. Those of you that know (and happen to like, for whatever reason) my style will eventually see my ridiculous literary turns leaking out from behind my self-imposed veil.

As for this thing, I say it will stand as a museum of "what could have been," had I just done things a little more consistently. I have no regrets, however. How could I?




Who Links Here