Tuesday, April 12, 2005

David Brock: Book On Anita Hill Really An Attack On Own Black Womanhood


Brock(left) has contended that his years as a conservative
not only forced him into gay self loathing, but also caused
him to "suppress his black womanhood by effigy" by writing
an expose of Anita Hill (right)

Washington--Pushed to the forefront in the wake of controversial comments made by former president Clinton, author David Brock is again re-explaining his trek from self-loathing, gay conservative reporter to conservative-loathing, gay liberal reporter. This time he says, it's "really time to fully come out of the closet."

Clinton's remarks were, oddly enough, not about Brock, however, but another gay conservative, Arthur Finkelstein whose upcoming book promises to be a barn-burning expose on his wife, and would-be president, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton. Clinton referred to Finkelstein's intentions as a sign of gay "self loathing," prompting Brock to issue his own clarification.

"I just wanted to say that when I wrote books attacking liberals, that it was a sign of me, loathing myself for my homosexuality," he said. "I just went about loathing myself in print, through multiple printing, and millions of dollars in off-the-shelf sales. Man, I loathe that."

Brock said that he also loathes "anything that comes close to gay self loathing," especially the certain new strain of bi-polar gay self-loathing, in which one personality confers homophobic aspersions onto the other one. "That kind of loathing is what I find particularly loathsome," he said. ""The kind of self-loathing that stems from that self belonging to a different self."

Brock intimated that Finkelstein’s alleged self-loathing manifesting itself in a book critical of a democrat is secondary to his real impetus behind his speaking out now, entailing his most widely read book amongst conservatives—The Real Anita Hill, a book which purported to show a larger agenda on the part of a woman portrayed as mere victim of actions, scarcely definable as sexual harassment.

“I realized, after I wrote that book,” he said, “That by writing a book critical of Anita Hill, I was suppressing my own black womanhood. You have no idea how liberating it is for me to actually say that. In fact. to all my sistas in the hood: I’m coming back to the block—I’m coming home!”

Brock said he felt that it was important for a white, middle-aged, gay black woman to speak out, both in defense of Hillary, but to also say he loathes Finkelstein's gay self-loathing.

"I stepped out now, under the arbor of Mr. Clinton's remarks, andbecause Bill Clinton was our first black president," he said. "But I also really, really loathe self loathing, too."




Who Links Here