Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Cindy Sheehan Marks 2000th Supporter

Announces death of son, Casey

Washington--Standing outside the White House on Tuesday, Gold Star peace mom, Cindy Sheehan marked her 2,000th supporter, while reiterating her threats to repeatedly chain herself to the fence at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

"I call this moment my grin milestone," said Sheehan. "Because I smile when I get arrested."

Sheehan said she plans to honor the 2,000 by reading their names aloud to an assembled pool of 5,000 reporters.

Sheehan also said she wants to utilize her "protestant inertia," to bring awareness to the fact that her son, Casey, was killed in Iraq.

"You may not be aware of this, but I lost a son over there," she said. "You'd be amazed how hard it has been to get that message out, what with FOX News and everything. I feel like I live in circa 1940's Germany or something."

Sheehan also said she was "not worried" about her car's brake lines, despite her vocal and visible opposition to the reelection of Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton. Clinton voted to support the war in Iraq, a place in which Sheehan's son, Casey, was killed.

"We're having tea at Fort Marcy Park next week," said Sheehan. "She's actually taking it very well."




Who Links Here